Oregon Child Support Statistics
In 2015, the total amount of child support due was $33.7 billion. This figure is significantly higher in recent years, up from just $14 billion in 2003.
- The average amount of child support due per year was $5,760, which is slightly less than $500 per month.
Over half of all custodial parents have either a legal or informal child support agreement.
- Almost 90 percent of these agreements are formal agreements
Nearly 70 percent of custodial parents who have child support agreements receive child support from the non-custodial parent.
- In 2015, nearly 53 percent of custodial single mothers received child support
- That same year, approximately 40 percent of custodial single fathers received child support
In 2014, five out of six custodial parents were mothers.
- 50 percent of custodial parents work full time.
- 29 percent of custodial parents have an income that places them below the poverty line.
- 43 percent of custodial parents receive some type of government assistance