Gearing Rackner & McGrath LLP is recognized by Martindale Hubbell as an AV-rated firm, the highest distinction awarded to law practices.
Gearing Rackner & McGrath was also named to the 2013 list of Best Law Firms by US News & World Report.
In addition to the awards our family law firm has received, many of our family law attorneys have also been recognized with individual awards for excellence.
- David Gearing holds the Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating of AV Preeminent, the highest rating awarded for professional ability and ethics
- David has been named to Super Lawyers magazine’s List of Top Lawyers every year since 2007
- David made the Super Lawyers List of Oregon’s Top 50 Lawyers in 2009
- Laura holds the Martindale Hubbell “AV” rating, the highest awarded for professional ability and ethics
- Laura was honored as one of Oregon’s Super Lawyers
- Laura has earned additional recognitions on Super Lawyers Top 25 Women and Top 50 Oregon Attorneys
- Michael McGrath has been recognized by Oregon Super Lawyers first as a Rising Star and then as a Super Lawyer each year beginning in 2008
- Alex has consecutively been named as an Oregon Rising Star since 2010.
About the awards
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Super Lawyers are nominated by their peers and ranked by the magazine’s blue ribbon panelists who are recognized leaders in their areas of practice.
The Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory has been used for over a century as an authoritative source of information on the worldwide legal profession. Martindale’s Peer Review Ratings play an integral role in this service to the legal community. Peer Review Ratings attest to a lawyer’s legal ability and professional ethics, and reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary.